New Year's Resolutions and a few apologies...

19:59


Hey everyone, how are you feeling on this warm summer's afternoon?

I'm currently writing this while relaxing on Stradbroke Island with my two best friends, but I do know I have a few apologies I have to make.. First of all, I know I promised you guys a 4-part Christmas series (and due to a few of your messages) I know I may not have totally stuck to my promise. I'm sorry, I know I promised I would write a lot more often and this Christmas series would have been the perfect way to prove this. But the sun is hot and the weather is too nice to be cooped up inside, writing blog posts. I have been trying to travel and soak up the Australian sun as much as possible before Autumn comes again, and the uncertainty of the new year reveals itself (okay maybe not that intense, hey, it sounded cool when I wrote it). Speaking of the new year, I think it's about time I did that classic blog post that everyone does called New Years resolutions, and some of my personal achievements throughout 2015, and goals for 2016.

Now before you all roll your eyes, I think it's really important to reflect upon different things that happen throughout our lives. Otherwise, we can lose our sense of what's important to us, and what we have to be grateful for. So without further ado, here are my 2016 New Years resolutions that, like the 4-part Christmas series, I will probably forget to do.

1. Drink at least two full bottles of water a day - I've been trying to do this throughout 2015, and I think it's a healthy habit to try to maintain.
2. Meet new and interesting people - with a lot of unknowns happening in 2016 for me, I feel it's important to meet people willing to support me embracing these challenges. At the opposite end of the spectrum, I will attempt to cut out people who have a negative impact on my life.
3. Give all my old clothes and unused belonging to a thrift shop.
4. Travel to at least one other country (technically I'm on a island right now though).
5. Try to do at least one nice thing for someone a day - I made this exact resolutions at the start of this year and while, I don't believe I totally achieved it, even something as simple as smiling at someone having a bad day could be considered helpful.
6. Try to write a lot more regularly and periodically - and to post more short stories since I know how much you love them!
7. Love unconditionally.

So there we go, there are some of my New Years resolutions. Whether I'll stick to them, no one can know for sure, but I sure as hell will try! Looking back at the year just gone, there's been a lot of both firsts, and lasts on the list - some memories which I know will stick with me throughout my life.

So here's a toast to you, 2015. What a year!

As for next year, Bring. It. On.

Gina xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

I'm apart of...


Flickr Images