Twenty Ways to Stress Less this Summer + A Poem ☀️

16:11


Good afternoon everyone,

For those of you Americans or Europeans reading this, it's currently summer in Australia. And when I mean summer, I mean hot, sweltering weather, with the odd storm and even though the rain is lukewarm, it still cools us down considerably (that's when I think you know its summer. haha.). Today's post is going to be quite a small one, as I thought it might be nice to give you a few of the tips that I've found in helping deal with stress. I know around this time, there's a fair few people gearing up for exams and I just wanted to say good luck and I hope you find these ideas useful.

Twenty Way to Stress Less
  1. Find the type of music that soothes you, lie down in a comfy place, and play it through a pair of noise cancelling headphones.
  2. Put on a song you can dance to…and dance, dance, DANCE!
  3. Run yourself a bath with your favourite Lush product or face mask and pamper yourself.
  4. Ben and Jerry’s – It’s okay to treat yourself every once in a while.
  5. Buy some cheap ceramic plates and smash them.
  6. Coconut oil.
  7. Make a list of things that are good and things that are bad in your life at the moment, and what you can do to change them.
  8. Tidy up your bedroom (I know, sounds horrible, but it actually helps)!
  9. Exercise; it may be the last thing you want to be doing right now but I promise you’ll feel 1000000x better.
  10. Try not to worry about things you can’t control.
  11. Volunteer at a shelter of some kind – It may help you to appreciate the good in your life.
  12. Adopt a pet.
  13. Go to bed earlier than you usually would, sometimes a good night’s sleep is all we really need.
  14. Find someone you love and give them a hug.
  15. Go on YouTube and search videos of cats being jerks - even if you aren't stressed, you won't regret!
  16. Eat potatoes – it boosts your endorphins, and endorphins make you happy.
  17. Go through your old clothes and give the ones you don’t need to a charity/thrift shop.
  18. Bake a cake from scratch…and then eat it!
  19. Understand that everyone feels this way at some point or another, and that you aren’t alone.
  20. Remember that somebody out there loves you more than you could possibly imagine. 
Flaws and all
A short poem by Gina Hartley


Someone’s probably in love with you right now,
I know you don’t believe it,
I mean,
You wake up in the morning and look at yourself in the mirror,
There’s nothing special about me,
I’m boring, I’m awkward, I’m obsessed with books,
There’s nothing special about me.
And that’s where you’re wrong,
Someone’s probably in love with you right now,
Someone probably saw you last week
And tried to act like they didn’t care,
They tried to act like there were no butterflies,
They tried to hide their sweating palms,
Someone probably saw you,
And tried to imagine you going out with them,
Tried to imagine how you’d look wearing their jumper,
And I know you think there’s nothing special about you,
But that’s where you’re wrong,
Because one day they’re going to gather up their courage,
And it’s going to make them wonder why they waited so long,
So let me tell you that you may wake up in the morning and look at yourself in the mirror,
And you may be boring and awkward and obsessed with books,
But that’s okay, because someone’s probably in love with you,
Flaws and all.

If you want to check out anymore of my poems/stories that don't quite make it to full blog posts, then I'm a Scriggler contributor, and you can check out my profile here (https://scriggler.com/Profile/gina_hartley

Make sure to leave me a comment down below about what the weather's like where you are at the moment, 

And until next time, 
Gina xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

I'm apart of...


Flickr Images