June Favourites & Mid-Year Resolutions ♡

03:51

Good afternoon everyone,

I know....before you say anything, yes, my last blog post is titled "20 ways to stress less this summer." And I'm sorry. I love blogging but after going to university for the first time, I was having a lot of trouble balancing my coursework, along with my job(s) and social life. Every time I wanted to sit down and chat to you, my mind kept racing with things that I should be doing instead. I know this may seem like a silly excuse, and I understand where you're coming from as my absence from the blogging community has seriously impacted my audience count. But I'd like to say here and now, that I'm officially back. 

So hey, welcome to my blog, 

If you're new, I'm Gina *waves* 

Having this absence has enabled me to gain a better understanding of my purpose in the World Wide Web. And so, I'm beginning a new trend that #lezbehonest probably won't trend, and that is creating some mid-year resolutions. So without further ado...

  1. Drink at least two full bottles of water a day - This particular resolution I made in a blog post at the beginning of the year, and I'm still very much maintaining this healthy habit.
  2. Put more effort into relationships- This resolution I think is very important as I know, since leaving the safety of my school and venturing out into the great wide world, that I should have attempted to maintain contact with many of my friends and I haven't. Let's aim to make the second half of 2016 the time for us to continue with those friendships. 
  3. Continue to regularly go to the gym, including my weekly boxing class - This is a resolution that I'm extremely eager to continue as I have discovered a love for boxing (and getting out all your stress and anger once a week can't hurt right?). 
  4. Try to write regularly and more periodically - This can include either blog posts, or the stories that I used to love to write. I hope to become more involved in the wonderful communities that blogging involves, and for that reason, I shall aim to post weekly. 
  5. Love, and love unconditionally. 
So there we have it, some "mid-year" resolutions. Whether I'll stick to them, it's hard to know for sure, but here's hoping. 

JUNE FAVOURITES 



Now we're at the lighter part of this blog post, I just want to say "where has the year gone?!" 2016 has been such a crazy and incredible year for me, and it's already halfway over?? That can't be right can it? Well I suppose the only good thing about the end of the month is getting to go back through my stuff and sharing my ultimate favourites with you from this month. 

MAKEUP 
1. Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in the colour Ivory - Benefit Cosmetics
Oh. my. goodness. Where has this foundation been all my life? I have to say I was a bit skeptic at first in regards to this foundation as Benefit, in my opinion, is a brand I usually only go for either Hoola bronzer, or their incredible brow products, which I also love. What really stood out to me when I purchased it was the fact that it has SPF 25, and for someone with such pale skin, I was instantly intrigued. I was then pleased to discover that it is oil-free, and for someone with oily skin, I can honestly say this foundation is amazing. It brightens, covers, conceals and a little really does go a long way. A definite recommendation from me. 

2. Velourlips Matt Lip Cream in the colour San-Fran Disco - Australis 
First of all, can we just appreciate the name of this lipstick? Ahh, I'm obsessed! This lip product has been my go-to lip product for the month of June when I've wanted a statement lip, and believe me when I say it does not budge. I will say that if you're planning on purchasing one of these products, they do tend to dry out your lips so I would definitely recommend using a lip liner with it, but the colour is absolutely beautiful. I would probably classify it as a "fire engine red". It's a bright red, with orange and almost yellow undertones - super flattering on my particular skin tone and it makes my teeth so white (extra plus from me)! 


3. Naked 3 Palette - Urban Decay 
Oh hello old favourite, I'd forgotten about you! Throughout June this year I discovered, or should I say re-discovered, one of my all-time favourite palettes. Complete with all the rosey and gold toned eyeshadows you need, this palette complements my eye colour perfectly, and all the shadows are creamy and buttery (aka heaven). Needless to say, this has been a statement in my makeup collection once again, and I know it'll be there to stay for a while. 


PERFUME 
4. Babydoll Fragrance - Yves Saint Laurent 
As winter arrives, (yes, it's winter in Australia at the moment), I have been reaching for much more floral and musky scents. Say hello to Babydoll which is all of those things combined. As bad as I am at describing scents, I can definitely say if you aren't one for floral fragrances, than this is not for you. It's light enough to wear in the daytime on it's own, and then also perfect for laying on top of heavier scents for nighttime wear. Such a nice product. 

BOOK 
5. Me Before You - Jojo Moyes 
And of course, being an amateur writer myself, it would not be a monthly favourites without a book recommendation. This month, of course it is the most talked about romance novel of the 2016 - Me Before You. I will admit in shame that I actually saw the movie before I read the book in this circumstance (gasp), and even more so because I had no idea that it was a novel-turned-movie in the first place. Nevertheless, I cried for about half an hour after the movie finished, picked myself and bought the book. Two days later, I cried again, this time for about two hours. It is gripping, romantic, and downright tragic story that I sometimes still think about before I go to bed at night. I also give my regards to the production team in charge of the movie as I think it was on par with the novel - and hey, Sam Claflin and Emilia Clarke? I'm not complaining. 

TEA 
6. White Tea and Strawberry - Higher Living Organic Teas 
For my final favourite throughout the month of June, I have been absolutely loving this brand of tea. Not only are they completely organic, but they are also caffeine free. Having a lot of trouble with restlessness at night, decaffeinated drinks are my saviour, and this particular one smells, and tastes, exactly like strawberries and cream! It is low fat, and can either be used when brewing a pot of tea, or left in a jug of chilled mineral water. So unbelievably good. 

That's it. Another month over and done with. What shall the month of July bring?

It's such a wonderful feeling to know that while this month may have been a challenging one, there's still things you've been loving, and maybe things you've been hating. It's not often that you can take the time to appreciate all the things that you have in your life, and all the things that you can look forward to in the future.

What have you been loving this month?
Gina xx

P.s. if you want to check out any of things and give me a follow, I'd love to have a chat x
  • Instagram - @hartofwriting 
  • Twitter - @hartofwriting 
  • Email - thehartofwriting@gmail.com 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

I'm apart of...


Flickr Images